Have you ever pondered over this question? Do I exist? For my team, my clients, my subordinates, my organization? Do I even exist? Am I just another team member, just another employee code, just another guy from the company…Or do I really add value? Do I really contribute meaningfully? Do I belong to the organization and more importantly does the organization belong to me?
In fact the job doesn’t get over by just asking this one question. But, one surely attempts to see the bigger picture by asking the next bigger question- Am I happy working in my current job/role/organization?
Infact we believe that Organizations don’t exist.. There are only people who bring life to an organization. And there are people who work for people- for Teams, for Managers, for CEOs and for the Clients.
So I reiterate- Do you even exist? Or do you live as an integral part of your ecosystem happily creating something meaningful for yourself and others.
Are you still stuck in a rut, still trying to figure out what career you want? Or is your main challenge that you have a hard time getting there? Whatever the case, your frustration is understandable.
You may very well know what you want to do in life. All you really need is a little coaching and guidance to build the path to the career of your dreams.
Now is your time to get it done and this fool proof plan is all you need:
- Identify careers you like- By now, you must have identified tons of careers that interest you. It’s normal to have your interest switch from one career path to another. This can happen as your life unfolds. Start with writing a list of those that interest you right now.
- Writing them helps to cement your interest from the get-go.
- It’s important that you include all careers that interest you, regardless of how others feel about them. Write what gets you excited – the work that you dream about.
- Determine the drivers for your interest- After writing the list, it’s time to shortlist! This is when you dig deep and determine what causes your interest in each case. Be honest with yourself and identify the real reasons you’re interested.
- Is it because you’d join the long list of family members who entered a specific career? Remember, this is based on what you want to do. Forget family tradition for a while.
- What about finances? Do you see yourself in a career because of how much money it can make you? Certainly, it would be great to earn a good pay check from a career. But think long and hard about that being your main motivation.
- At the end of the day, the recommended focus for a career choice is what makes you happy. The last thing you want is to be in a job that makes you miserable. The biggest pay check doesn’t have the ability to make you happy. Well, I hope you know that by now. Don’t you?
- Find multiple options for getting there- Now, it’s time to get creative. How do you plan on getting hold of that dream career?
- Use the internet as a solid research tool. Research on the future prospects, connect with people in the similar industry, you can find many options for embarking on a career of choice.
- The traditional method is to pursue tertiary education. Find courses and certification programs that can give you the necessary training. Having the know-how to go along with the interest is a great combination.
- Look for opportunities to apply for career opportunities in the companies that could take you closer to your dream career. It’s okay if they don’t pay you as expected. Remember, you’ll be getting valuable experience. Hands on experience tied in with knowledge gained will strengthen your expertise.
You’re at a crucial stage in your life. Making a career decision that’s right for you is critical to your happiness. So take the time to focus on each step of the equation.
You owe it to yourself to succeed! Become that success story and the kind of example other people can follow. Do something that you’ll be proud of at the end of the day.
So once you follow the steps and chalk out your own career path, it’s important to take stock once in a while and ask yourself- Do I exist? In fact don’t merely exist, become somebody, and become yourself- your best self!
Take pride in what you do and in the process you will create some great value and even greater organizations!
The easiest way for us to connect is simply through Facebook.
Check out our FB page here – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Change-Ur-Story/426911534093660
And if you like what you see just hit the “like” button at the top.
Alright then we’ll see you there 🙂 And until then-
Wishing you Joy & Abundance always!
P.S- Do share this article and subscribe to our Blog! Our Facebook page is a great place to ask questions, get advice, and learn more about having a successful career. Do leave your comments, questions and suggestions on what you would like to hear more about. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and follow us on Instagram, Twitter & Linked In. To hire a Coach, you may contact us at email@example.com.